Frequently asked questions
What dances do we teach?
- We teach with a step-by-step system making it easy for you to learn to dance with anyone on any occasion. We teach Ballroom, Latin, and Social dancing. These include many dance such as Salsa, Foxtrot, Cha Cha, Argentine Tango, Hustle, and many more.
What are the benefits of dancing?
- The benefits of ballroom dancing have been well documented: Exercise, stress relief, self-confidence, social poise and a creative outlet.
What shoes should I wear?
- We would suggest that you not wear boots, platforms, sneakers, flip flops or slip-ons. Ballroom dance shoes are made specifically for the dance floor since they have special suede soles to prevent sticking or slipping on the floor. We suggest a leather sole shoe to start with.
How should I dress?
- You should dress comfortably in casual attire (preferably no hats or jeans). The clothes should be loose to flow with your movements.
What happens during a Group Dance Lesson?
- Group lessons are designed for several students to learn from one instructor. We offer group lessons along with a private lesson programs to help you achieve your dance goals faster. Please refer to our monthly calendar for the classes offered.
What are practice parties?
- A practice party is a social event that will give you a chance to practice in a comfortable and friendly environment. Our instructors are on-hand to assist with the dance steps and we offer complimentary refreshments. Our Practice Parties are open to the public, and new students.
How often should I schedule my lessons?
- You should schedule your lessons as often as possible this will have greater benefit for your dance goals. It is especially important in the beginning to keep your lessons close together so that you will remember the steps and will progress more quickly through the dances.
What if I have to cancel my private lesson?
- You are expected to call 24 hours in advance to cancel your dance lesson so that you will not be charged.
What if I don't have a dance partner?
- You do not need to have a partner to take dance lessons. If you join us as a single student, your instructor will be your partner for your private dance lessons.
How often should I practice?
- As often as possible! We offer Practice Parties, and Group Classes at the studio. Please come and practice in the studio anytime during our business hours. This will ensure that you are not practicing incorrectly, and you will have the space to dance!
Where can I park?
- Ample free parking is located in the rear of the building. You may use the rear entrance and take the elevator to the third floor.
Should I only take group lessons?
- You could, but it is not recommended. Group lessons are designed to supplement private lessons and should be taken in combination. To maximize your results there are 3 components necessary for dance development at a greater pace which are private lessons, group lessons, and practice parties.
How can I get a free lesson?
- We have wonderful referral plan to help add free lessons. If you refer a friend, family member, work associate, etc. who enrolls in one of our programs, you will be awarded a free dance lesson for each program!
What is the best way to learn to dance?
- Our studio offers a wide variety of lesson programs that will take you through each dance, step-by-step whether you are a beginner or advanced. Your instructor will work along with you to set goals for yourself. If you are consistent with your lessons, and join in the practice parties, you will be amazed, and so will your friends, as your talent advances.